COURSE SCHEDULE: The course schedule is planned as follows:
COURSE ORIENTATION: JULY 1-7
MODULE 1: JULY 8 – 21 Discussion forum post by July 14 (reply to other small group members by July 21).
MODULE 2: JULY 22 – AUGUST 4 Discussion forum post by July 28 (reply to other small group members by August 4).
Reflection Assignment due Wed., July 31
ONLINE MEETING: July 23 7:30pm to 8:30 PM EST
- Each module includes discussion forum plus readings and video content.
- Meeting will be recorded for those unable to attend.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will:
- describe the impact of adverse childhood experiences, trauma and toxic stress on the health and development in children and across the lifecourse.
- identify the role physical therapists and other healthcare providers have in addressing childhood trauma in early intervention, schools, clinics, and our communities.
- apply principles of trauma -informed care to their own pediatric PT practice.